Associate CounselWoodbridge, Canada
Job TitleAssociate Counsel
Primary LocationWoodbridge, Ontario
Waste Connections of Canada Inc. has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, results-oriented Associate Counsel in the Legal Department in Woodbridge, ON. The Associate Counsel is a corporate generalist, able to provide a wide range of legal services and advice to various departments and business units throughout the company’s Canadian operations.
- Providing legal services to various departments and business units with respect to a variety of transactional and commercial matters including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating customer contracts, collection, transportation and disposal agreements, requests for proposals and other commercial arrangements.
- Assisting with labour and employment matters including labour arbitrations and employment proceedings before courts and applicable tribunals.
- Enforcing commercial and municipal contracts.
- Assisting with other disputes and litigation matters.
- Completing special projects as requested.
- Assisting with managing relationships and services of outside counsel.
- J.D., excellent academic credentials.
- Called to the Bar of Ontario.
- 2-5 years of experience in-house or in a law firm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic and team-oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong advocacy skills; ability to draft and review legal documents; and analyze and apply legal advice in a practical manner.
- Hard working, well-organized and detail-oriented. Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to streamline the delivery of legal services.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Willingness to learn and advise in other general law subject matter areas as needed.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a high profile team and a great company known for its “work hard, play harder” culture. Competitive compensation package includes base salary plus annual cash bonus and annual equity grant (restricted share units) eligibility. We also offer excellent family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, long term and short term disability, life insurance, RRSP match and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future."
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.