Scale OperatorWinnipeg, Canada
Job TitleScale Operator
Requisition Primary LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba
Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Full TimeScale Operatorat ourWinnipeg Landfill.
Job requirements include weighing trucks, and trailers IN and OUT over the scale; entering appropriate data into computer (product, weight, customer name, etc.); interfacing with company drivers, outside haulers, and 3rd party vehicles.
Prairie Green Landfill
Pay: $18 per hour
Address:10-116E Prairie Green Road, Winnipeg
Hours:9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Essential Job Duties:
- Operate the weigh-station scale
- Entering appropriate data into computer (product, weight, customer name, etc.)
- Communicate with drivers, through speaker system, to determine type of material being dumped, etc.
- Process payment from customers, as needed
- Good data entry skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Position may be required overtime work depending on business need
- Heavy equipment experience would be an asset, but not required
- The position is located in the Scale House.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Use of telephone, computers, and various other office equipment, is essential
We are an equal opportunity employer.