Scale AttendantWinnipeg, Canada
Job TitleScale Attendant
Primary LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba
Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Full TimeScale House Operator at our Winnipeg Landfill. As a Scale House Operator, your job duties will include weighing trucks, and trailers IN and OUT over the scale; entering appropriate data into computer (product, weight, customer name, etc.); interfacing with company drivers, outside haulers, and 3rd party vehicles.
Prairie Green Landfill
Pay: $18 per hour - (this role is part time)
Address: 10-116E Prairie Green Road, Winnipeg
Hours: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Essential Job Duties:
- Operate the weigh-station scale
- Entering appropriate data into computer (product, weight, customer name, etc.)
- Communicate with drivers, through speaker system, to determine type of material being dumped, etc.
- Process payment from customers, as needed
- Good data entry skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Position may be required overtime work depending on business need
- Heavy equipment experience would be an asset, but not required
- The position is located in the Scale House.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Use of telephone, computers, and various other office equipment, is essential
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnectionscanada.com.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer