Region RecruiterWestborough, Massachusetts
Waste Connections, Inc. is searching for an experienced Region Recruiter to join our East Region Recruiting Team in beautiful Westborough, MA. Have you always wanted a decentralized and open recruiting environment? Are you creative, self-driven, and comfortable interacting at all levels?
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in the United States and Canada.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
A Day In The Life Of A Waste Connections Regional Recruiter:
- Build relationships with region and district management to assess staffing needs and provide effective solutions.
- Deliver all areas of the recruitment process including sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, assessment, extending offers, and monitoring new hire processes.
- Prepare job descriptions and appropriate interview questions to be used by self and others involved in the recruitment process.
- Conduct thorough behavior based interviews with candidates and coach hiring managers on behavioral interviewing and other selection methods.
- Develop and maintain relationships with recruiting sources including candidates, employees, other recruiters, trade school and college officials, business associations, state job agencies etc. to foster an ongoing pipeline of highly competent and qualified candidates.
- Develop creative recruiting methods or minimize the use of contingency and retained searches.
- Where necessary, manage and coordinate recruitment efforts with vendors and negotiate contacts and fee arrangements.
- Make recommendations to Corporate Human Resources and Regional and District Managers on solutions to specific recruiting and retention challenges as needed.
- Ensure that recruiting and hiring processes comply with Federal and State employment laws and Company policies. Coach and educate internal clients on the importance of following pre-employment and new hire procedures.
- Manage the tracking and documentation of all open positions, candidate applications and requisite metrics of recruiting success.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
- Performing other job related duties as necessary.
What You Have To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years recruiting experience recruiting in a professional environment, using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Ability to travel to assist with career fairs or other hiring events.
What Would Be Great To Have:
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and contact with internal customers and candidates in a calm and professional manner.
What’s In It For You:
You will be joining a great team and a company in a “work hard, play hard” environment along with a competitive salary, plus a bonus and stock opportunity. Relocation may be available for the right candidate.
We also offer excellent family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)