Transfer Station Dozer / Loader Equipment Operator Offering $1,000 BonusVancouver, Washington
Starting rate of pay is $20.00/HR and will increase to $21.00/HR after 90 days of employment and pending a positive performance review. We are also offering a $1,000 Stay on Bonus! Hours will be Friday-Tuesday 10am-7:00pm (Days Off are Wednesday and Thursday).Qualified candidates must have Front End Loader, Excavator and Yard Truck and trailer Experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to efficiently operate Front End Loader, Excavator and Yard Truck and Trailer. Compactor experience preferred.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment is required.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
What we offer:
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- $1,000 Stay On Bonus!
- Yearly Boot Allowance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Time off
- 401k Program
- Year Round Full Time Stable work
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)