Day Shift Mechanic
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Day Shift Mechanic
Job TitleDay Shift Mechanic
Primary LocationTuscumbia, Alabama
Waste Connections is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic in Tuscumbia, AL. This is a great opportunity to join a growing industry with endless growth potential. The position is Monday through Friday day shift with a 50+ hour work week.
We offer competitive pay plus family benefits, 401k and vacation. The right candidate could earn $70,000+. For more information reach out to Recruiter at 832-585-4595.
- Performs repairs (including electrical and hydraulic systems) and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- Must have own tools
- PM and Brake certified a plus!
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)