Corporate AccountantThe Woodlands, Texas
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. We operate numerous sites nationwide with a decentralized management structure. Motivated, entrepreneurial operations leaders thrive in our environment.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
- Processing fixed asset transactions
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for the corporate office
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts
- Prepare financial analysis and respond to management inquiries
- Assist external auditors with schedule preparation and respond to audit questions
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts.
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process.
- Assist in the adoption and execution of new accounting pronouncements or procedures
Qualified Candidate Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or public company accounting experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- The ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
What’s In It For You:
You will be joining a great team and a company in a “work hard, play hard” environment along with a competitive base salary plus commission. We also offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future - www.wasteconnections.com .
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement, and relocation assistance.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)