The Dalles, Oregon
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
The Dalles, Oregon
We are seeking a highly-motivated and energetic Driver to work Refuse / Recycle Route Position. Join our team at The Dalles Disposal, in The Dalles Oregon. In this position, you will be responsible for collecting and loading waste, as well as transporting this waste by a rear load truck to a landfill and /or transfer station.
We offer competitive pay along with an opportunity to join us for a long term career! If you are a dependable, team-oriented and service-driven person, with a passion for the environment, we may be the perfect place for you!
As a Refuse / Recycle Route Driver, you need to be reliable, safety-minded, and committed to providing exceptional customer service. You should also be highly organized with strong time-management and prioritization skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with both customers and colleagues.
What we offer:
- Safety Bonuses up to $1,500!
- Commission Bonuses of $300.00 up to $3,500!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Boot allowances of up to $175.00 a year
- Valid Class A or B CDL license with air brake endorsement.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws
- Ability to work 40-50 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work M-F with a starting time of 6am (occasional Saturdays but No Sundays!)
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports to complete daily assignments
- Physical demands include:
- Ability to function in a wide variety of environments to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments (i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and move and maneuver up to 100 pounds
- Ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times every day while on route
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)