As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
We have an immediate position open for a Maintenance Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks at our Tacoma, WA site. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. At least 1 year of experience doing maintenance on diesel trucks and trailers is a must. Must have a CDL or be able to obtain one within first 90 days of employment (we do have a training program and will help you get your CDL, so must have clean driving record). Must have own tools.
Shift is Monday - Friday from 2:30 PM to 11 PM.
Do not stop by or call our local office. Apply online at www.wasteconnections.com
• Performing repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Performing inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
• Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
• Performs maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
• 1 year of experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair preferred; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
• CDL preferred (required to obtain in first 90 days of employment).
• Provide personal tools.
• Welding experience a plus.
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
• Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)