Class A Driver
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
Class A Driver
Job TitleClass A Driver
Primary LocationTacoma, Washington
We are looking for a safety conscienceClass A CDL Driver to join the team in Lakewood, WA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving Roll Off trucks and/or Tractor Trailer with a dedicated local route
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, lifting up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Climbing in and out of the cab up to 40+ times/day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Will be working in all weather conditions
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A CDL
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to quality customer service
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51 must be met
- Would like to see at least 3 years Class A commercial driving experience, preferably with 53' trailers.
- Clean safety and driving record
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to deal with the physicality of the job with no issues.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)