Operations ManagerSurrey, Canada
Waste Connections of Canada, the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in Surrey, BC We are looking for an SAFETY inclined, energetic, autonomous and proactive team player capable of making a difference in his/her team and community.
Our Surrey, BC Hauling district, has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager to lead its team of Commercial Hauling line of business. The Operations Manager will have about 4 supervisors, 4 dispatchers and 67 drivers. The operations manager will oversee around 63 routes, as well as to cross train with the districts Commercial Front End/Roll-Off Routes and Scheduling.
Summary of Functions:
The Operations Manager plans and manages district operations effectively, ensuring the best possible service metrics are achieved. The Manager sets the tone for safety practices and ensures the team understands and follows the rules of safety which allows for success and protection of employees as well as the community at large. The Manager directs the operations team and drivers to minimize the number of missed pickups, maximize service quality, and minimize drive times while routing to a cost-effective transfer station or landfill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track service metrics and seek opportunities for overall improvement by route.
- Implement improvement initiatives (e.g., send supervisor with the driver on weaker performing routes to identify service inefficiencies and opportunities to add density for sales).
- Drive safety initiatives and engage the team in a proactive accident avoidance plan.
- Fine-tune schedules for route optimization.
- Continually adjust routes and boundaries (e.g., review earlier start times, by-laws, busy streets, gated calls).
- Handle all employee relations issues with drivers proactively and resolve any grievances.
- Hire and discipline drivers and handle major or recurring performance issues directly.
- Provide safety training and address supervisor’s field observations (with retraining, coaching or corrective action on identified issues). May investigate issues or conduct on road and provide oversight of drivers.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to keep all trucks productive, safe and operational.
- Manage costs by optimizing labour hours and carryovers.
- Investigate and address escalated customer service concerns, and delegate follow-up (e.g., supervisor may go on-site to address issues, e.g. blocked access, illegal dumping).
- 5 years managing a diverse team in an operations or production, heavy construction/road building and/or environmental field services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and, employee management skills;
- Proven ability to minimize safety-related accidents and operate an accident-free environment.
- Solid analytical skills to optimize routes and productivity.
- Well-developed influencing and presentation skills.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements (CBA) and grievance handling.
- Understand the geographic area and can apply routing principles.
- Working knowledge of routing software
- Understand the basics of trucks and maintenance.
- Class 3 with Air endorsement will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of P&L, budget and forecast management is an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Excel) and other technology related to landfill management.
What's in it for you?
You will be joining a company with great operating values and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and retirement packages, alongside a variety of rewards, bonuses, and incentives.
Come, become part of a team that leads by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnectionscanada.com
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer