Region EngineerSuisun, California
Job TitleRegion Engineer
Primary LocationSuisun City, California
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee’s long-term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company and with goals of advancing to higher –level management positions within 1-3 years.
A Day in the Life of a Region Engineer:
- Perform technical duties relevant to environmental, health and safety, and compliance issues at landfills, transfer stations, and hauling operations.
- Provide assistance in fulfillment of all technical/regulatory/operational documentation related to the landfills, transfer stations, and hauling operations in California as part of the Western Region of Waste Connections.
- Assist in site manager’s administration of all landfill, transfer stations, and hauling operations/programs, daily business dealings/communications.
- Analyze data and prepare summaries, recommendations and cost estimates for consideration by region engineering manager and/or landfill managers.
- Conduct on-site technical visits to satellite sites to review and evaluate operational efficiency of yellow iron equipment and systems at various facilities. Site visits will involve exposure to environmental elements which include dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Assist the region engineering manager and/or landfill managers in reviewing design and development plans, calculating cost estimates for completing proposed projects and evaluating the engineering proposals and specifications.
- Compose technical reports to document engineering analysis, solutions, and results
- Represent the organization in conferences to resolve important issues and to plan and coordinate work.
- Participate in team meetings
- Develop site managers on landfill operations, compliance, and regulatory correspondence.
- Apply standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, and recognize discrepancies.
- Manage and respond to community concerns
- Interface with planning department and Public Works Department and ensure successful partnership
- Live in or relocatable to California. Preferably within 1-hour of one of the following locations: Castaic, CA; San Jose, CA; or San Luis Obispo, CA
- Must have a Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Must have minimum of five or more years of previous experience with a waste industry employer.
- Willingness and ability to travel fifty 50% of the time including but not limited to overnight trips, meetings, trainings, and conferences.
- Willingness and ability to use personal vehicle for travel to locations reasonably reached by driving
- Experience working within a highly regulated industry.
- Previous work experience in California with regulators and regulations (State and/or local).
- Experience managing landfill operations, preferred
- Consulting in the Waste Services Industry
- Construction Project Management experience
- Experience with a profit and loss budget statement, preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience in communicating with government officials and departments
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)