Landfill Manager TraineeSuisun, California
Job TitleLandfill Manager Trainee
Primary LocationSuisun City, California
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee’s long-term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company and with goals of advancing to higher –level management positions within 1-3 years.
This position will require relocation as part of a rotational program (3 landfills every 8-12 months), and would require you to relocate near our two other landfills located in Puyallup, WA and Castaic, CA to continue the program.
Waste Connections is currently seeking candidates to join our team in a Landfill Manager Trainee Program that will rotate throughout several Landfills within the Western Region.
A Day in the Life of a Landfill Manager Trainee:
- Oversees personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Scheduling employees and equipment to facilitate task completion.
- Operating varies pieces of heavy equipment.
- Maintain and monitor gas wells field and assist with necessary expansions.
- Assists in monitoring budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs. Interacts with Landfill customers and County officials to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Interacts with State and local agencies to insure efficient and effective compliance with rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience in the Waste industry also preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in landfill operations, heavy construction and/or environmental field services, preferred.
- Experience working outdoors in all-weather types
- Must be willing to relocate
- Ability to communicate in English required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, preferred.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)