Maintenance HelperSt. Petersburg, Florida
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Helper to join the team at our location in St Petersburg MFR in St Petersburg, FL. In this position you will be performing preventative maintenance, general mechanical repairs as well as performing repairs on hydraulic conveyor and electrical systems.
This position works Saturday-Wednesday 4am to 2pm. On top of competitive pay we off year round overtime, family benefits, 401k, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and many other perks.
Career growth and share our #1 Value: Safety
- Mechanical repairs to all rolling stock (forklifts, loaders, roll-offs), sorting machine, conveyors, balers and general facility maintenance to include independent diagnosis and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, tire repair and/or replacement, and general troubleshooting/diagnostics.
- Welding, fabrication and machine/facility washing associated with the above duties
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment Operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, truck hoist, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- 2+ years of Diesel/ Industrial Mechanic experience or 1+ year of experience combined with a Diesel Tech Degree.
- Must have own tools (specialty tools provided)
- 10 hour work days, Some Overnight, Weekends required
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs and stand/walk for long periods of time
- Good organizational and time management skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay!!
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
- VETERANS are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions or need help with your application feel free to call the Recruiter, Pete Carreon at 832-510-5681.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).