Diesel MechanicSomerset, Kentucky
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationSomerset, Kentucky
Waste Connections of Kentucky is seeking an experienced, safety-minded and energetic Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Somerset, KY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
- Competitive hourly wage plus overtime
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Must have at least 2 years of diesel mechanic experience
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Welding/fabrication experience
Referral Bonus Opportunity:
$500 referral bonus for existing employees if candidate puts their name on the application
Click here to view a “Day in the Life” of our Mechanics:http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic.
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)