San Luis Obispo, California
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
San Luis Obispo, California
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Primary LocationSan Luis Obispo, California
San Luis Garbage, a Waste Connections company, is now hiring for a safety consciousDiesel Mechanic to join the team at our Hauling location in San Luis Obispo, CA! Previous waste experience would be a huge plus! The pay rate will depending on experience - $28-31/hour to start, with regular wage increases. We also offer great family benefits, and stable, year round work.
The schedule will be Monday-Friday 2-10:30pm with occasional Saturdays.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services and repairs
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Test drive trucks after services and repairs
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand service schedule and/or repairs
- Perform some welding
- Available to help mechanic with repairs as needed
- General shop cleaning responsibilities
- Equipment safety checks
- Maintain and track service inventory
- Communicate with drivers for issues in morning and afternoon
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Qualified candidate must have:
- Tool set, tool box and proper personal safety equipment required
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn test diagnostic laptop and software
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 90 days of start of position
- Welding experience a plus
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)