Scale AttendantRosemount, Minnesota
SKB Environmental, a Waste Connections company, is seeking a Scale Attendant to join our team of dedicated individuals in Rosemount, MN!
Waste Connections offers a great work atmosphere with competitive pay and great benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement, and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
The hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 hour shifts between the hours of 7:30 AM - 5 PM.
In this role you will operate the scale house to record weights, generate basic billing information, and accept payments for drop-off and sales. You will also perform clerical duties as required to support operations.
- Operation of the scale house to record weights
- Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately
- Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities
- Troubleshoot when release/load numbers do not match
- Ensure all trucks are properly, and accurately weighed when entering and leaving the site
- Control traffic by giving verbal directions
- Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring their attention
- Provides general upkeep of the Scale House
- Attends company sponsored training and meetings as directed
- Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing, and completes required reports
- Creates/adjusts bill of lading for all material movement.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship or future sponsorship
- Intermediate computer skills to create, and use forms including
- Beginner level Microsoft Excel experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable means of transportation
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a bonus but not required
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to safely push, pull, bend, twist, sit, stand, and walk.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain equipment
- Ability to work with exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises
- Working ability to communicate effectively with dispatch, staff, and the public and to operate a radio and phone.
- Working ability to read and follow written and oral instructions and to hear at a level sufficient to communicate with staff and avoid safety concerns.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with peers, customers, and supervisors.
- Ability to adhere to company rules and regulations
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)