Environmental ManagerRosemount, Minnesota
Looking for a career not a job? Do you want to understand the day to day operations of a highly dynamic business in a growth industry? Do you have a background in environmental studies, engineering or project management?
If you have a passion for field services, but would also like some balance with office functions and wish to build and lead a motivated team, this position may be a great fit for you!
Anticipated Salary: $70,000-80,000 + Bonus Opportunities
- Organize, review and manage special waste profiles for multiple landfills using internal special waste tracking system; issue approvals and communicate with sales representatives, landfill management, and customers as necessary to work toward predetermined goals and objectives
- Design and implement standards relating to waste acceptance processes for the Rosemount Facility
- Coordinate with special waste tracking system designer and compliance manager to implement tracking system improvements
- Assist site management and with compliance needs
- Monitor emerging environmental regulatory issues/initiatives; participate in developing Region’s response to new or changing regulations
- Manage Lab and Lab personal
- Manage truck scale attendants
- Manage Lab and environmental costs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of special waste acceptance regulatory requirements
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret documents such as federal, state and local regulations, permits, operations and maintenance plans and procedure manuals
- Ability to prepare reports at state or local levels
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal amount of direct supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or related field
- Some direct work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Solid waste regulations
- Landfill special waste acceptance
- Environmental audits, site assessments and/or remediation
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.