Environmental Field Operator / Driver
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
Environmental Field Operator / Driver
Job TitleEnvironmental Field Operator / Driver
Primary LocationRockford, Illinois
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people!We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
Rock River Environmental Solutions, a subsidiary of Waste Connections, (RRES) is a full-service environmental waste contractor specializing in waste management and onsite industrial cleaning services. RRES currently has an opening for an Environmental Field Operator / Driver to work in our special waste division. This is a full-time, hourly paid position.
RRES is looking for Field Specialists / Driver to join our team in Rockford, IL. with at least 2 years experience in the industrial/environmental field who have an interest in the environmental industry. The ability to travel within the Tri-State Area (IL, WI & IA) is required.
- Load & unload, manifest and transport special waste (i.e. non-haz liquid waste) to third party entities (60-100% of the workweek).
- Provide general labor on industrial cleaning projects, decontamination projects, and occasional confined-space work (0-40% of the workweek).
- Operating vacuum trucks (semi-vac tanker or super-sucker) and hauling to third party entities, or loading liquid waste / sludge into vacuum boxes;
- Operating semi-van trailers and loading with special waste in drums, totes or on skids;
- Complete paperwork (i.e. waste profiles, job summary forms, daily vehicle inspections, manifests & bills-of-lading) to satisfy the DOT & EPA regulatory requirements
- Class A CDL w/ Hazmat and Tanker endorsements
- Successful completion of OSHA / DOT physical examination including pre-employment drug screen;
- Valid Drivers License
- Experience on industrial cleaning projects involving pressure washing and / or water blasting and at least 1 year experience operating and driving vacuum trucks is desirable.
- Tanker endorsement (preferred) OR ability/desire to obtain;
- DOT Hazmat endorsement (preferred) OR ability / desire to obtain;
- OSHA Confined Space Training certified OR ability/desire to obtain;
- Current HAZWOPER / 40-hour OSHA Certification (or ability to obtain)
- Basic knowledge of shipping HazMat, EPA / DOT regulated waste, or non-haz special waste using Uniform Manifests
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Apply today and Connect with Your Future
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)