Diesel MechanicRockford, Illinois
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people!We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
A 2nd shift Diesel Mechanic position is now open at our Rockford, IL location!
Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on diesel trucks including front-end loader, roll off, rear load, trailers and other support vehicles.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems on suspension, brake system, electrical system, and hydraulic system.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on CNG, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and rear load, plus other support vehicles. Repairs include, but are not limited to, hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems, suspension systems, wheels, and tires.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders.
- Completes electronic repair orders in our maintenance program associated with repairing vehicles and documenting parts usage.
- Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using diagnostic software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates in all required safety training and meetings.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Either (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 2 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance.
- Valid driver license.
- Trade school certificate
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics
- ASE certificate(s)
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
- Dependability – Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Safety Orientation – Follows Groot Industries safety rules and procedures and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems. Determines root causes of failures and chooses the best repair option.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions and loud noises
- Frequently lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans