Operator / LaborerRed Bluff, California
Tehama County Landfill, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscious Operator / Laborer to join our team in Red Bluff, CA!
The schedule will be Wednesday-Sunday 7:30am to 4:30 pm with occasional overtime. Starting pay will be $18-20 per hour.
Waste Connections has many stable opportunities for qualified and motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us and be a part of a winning team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate forklift and loader.
- Greeting and directing customers.
- Sorting out recyclables and electronics from loads.
- Heavy lifting throughout shift.
- Traffic management.
- Working outside in all weather conditions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; work with a sense of honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and follow through on challenges as they arise
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)