Operations SupervisorRed Bluff, California
We are looking for a servant leader to join our operations team at Green Waste of Tehama (Landfill) in Red Bluff, CA!
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee’s long-term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company and with goals of advancing to higher –level management positions within 1-3 years.
A Day in the Life of an Operations Supervisor:
- Assign and supervise work crews operating in the landfill, self-haul pad, and material recovery facility.
- Monitors progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes staffing changes as necessary.
- Helps develop and execute safety goals.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
- Receives and reviews customer complaints.
- Performs reviews and performance management discussions.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the Landfill.
- Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs: knowledge of and execution of our waste acceptance criteria, landfill gas monitoring system, regulatory agency’s such as CalRecycle, California State Waterboard, Tehama County Local Enforcement Agent, OSHA,
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- Weekends may be required
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and related business systems.
- Prior landfill experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at careers.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer