As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
ACE Solid Waste has an immediate opening for a Fleet Mechanic at our site in Ramsey, MN. In this position you will be performing preventative maintenance, DOT inspections as well as performing repairs on hydraulic and electrical systems.
**$7,000 Stay On Bonus!***
The ACE Difference:
- "You guys make it seem like a ma & pa company. Everyone is so nice and willing to help each day. Teamwork comes first at ACE" - Pat W., ACE Driver
- "The group of people at ACE, from the maintenance team to supervisors, dispatchers, CSRs, and drivers are top notch and really a class act" -Roger W., ACE Driver
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical repairs to all vehicles, to include independent diagnosis and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, tire repair and/or replacement, and component rebuilding of engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.
- Welding and vehicle-washing associated with the above duties
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment Operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, truck hoist, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- 2+ years of Diesel Mechanic experience or 1+ year of experience combined with a Diesel Tech Degree.
- Must have own tools
- 8-10 hour work days, Monday thru Friday with some Saturdays
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)