General LaborerPunta Gorda Isles, Florida
Job TitleGeneral Laborer
Primary LocationPunta Gorda, Florida
Waste Connections is looking for General Laborer to join the team at our SLD Landfill in Punta Gorda, FL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Maintenance around the site and facilities as needed including landscaping.
- Perform general labor duties around the landfill including litter control.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Requires extended physical work including heavy lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of objects over 75 pounds. Moderate noise level.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
- Work environment consists of constant exposure to machinery and occasional dusty areas.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday and some Saturdays, starting at around 6:30am. Approx. 40-45 hours a week, with overtime possibilities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay including aquarterly safety bonus!
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
If you have questions or need help with your application feel free to call the Recruiter, Pete Carreon at 832-510-5681.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)