General LaborerPunta Gorda Isles, Florida
Waste Connections is looking for General Laborer to join the team at our SLD Landfill in Punta Gorda, FL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Maintenance around the site and facilities as needed including landscaping.
- Perform general labor duties around the landfill including litter control.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Requires extended physical work including heavy lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of objects over 75 pounds. Moderate noise level.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
- Work environment consists of constant exposure to machinery and occasional dusty areas.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday and some Saturdays, starting at around 6:30am. Approx. 40-45 hours a week, with overtime possibilities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay including aquarterly safety bonus!
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
If you have questions or need help with your application feel free to call the Recruiter, Pete Carreon at 832-510-5681.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)