As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
Arrow Sanitary, a Waste Connections Company, is looking for a experienced Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks in Portland, Oregon.
Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. Valid Class A or B CDL preferred or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment. Must have own tools.
Shift is 12:00 PM-8:00 PM. Overtime opportunities. All of our Mechanics are required to be On-Call one weekend a month (Rotating).Starting wage is $31-$33/hour DOE.
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on vehicles.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred , or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus!
WHAT WE OFFER TO YOU:
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,000
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off.
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Yearly Boot allowances of up to $300.00
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)