Maintenance and Repair SupervisorPortland, Oregon
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Northwest Container Services, a Waste Connections company is looking for a Maintenance and Repair Supervisor to join our team in Portland, OR.
A Day in the Life of a Maintenance and Repair Supervisor:
• Assign and supervise work crews
• Monitors progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes staffing changes as necessary.
• Partners with District Manager in preparing budget and managing P&L.
• Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
• Performs reviews and performance management discussions.
• Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the Hauling Company.
• Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
• Helps develop and execute safety goals.
• Inspect work of team and provide guidance and training when needed.
• Skilled in project management with excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Order parts for chassis, containers, and modification projects.
• Estimating repairs for damaged chassis and containers.
• Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• 2-5 years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
• Basic knowledge of electrical, welding, and fabrication.
• Mechanical background.
• Be able to meet physical requirements and lift up to 70 pounds.
• Fork Lift Training.
• Basic tool set.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)