Gate ClerkPortland, Oregon
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Northwest Container, a Waste Connections Company, is currently looking for a full time Gate Clerk to work out in our Rail Yard in Portland, OR.
The shift will be M-F, 7 AM – 3:30 PM
- Greet and direct all customers and drivers upon entrance to the terminal
- Track truck details and inspections in handheld scanning device.
- Enter truck information into computer system
- Approaching all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Work on your feet outside throughout your shift
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- On-the-job computer use/data entry
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stand throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to climb, bend, and stoop to inspect containers.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com .
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)