Equipment OperatorPortland, Oregon
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Northwest Container, a Waste Connections Company, is currently looking for a full time equipment operator to work in our rail yard in Portland, OR
The shift will be M-F, 7AM – 4PM
We are looking for a safety conscience Lift Operator to join our rail yard in Portland, OR.
- Operate container lifts to load and unload train
- Lubing and maintaining heavy equipment
- Data Entry and Record Keeping
- Successfully learn the terminal management system
- Direct trucks and assist in yard logistics
- Check in Trains and rail cars
- Lock and unlock containers on the rail line
- Operate fork lifts, trucks and other small pieces of equipment
- Work on your feet outside throughout your shift
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining equipment as-needed
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Remove, and replace tarps from open top containers
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience operating fork lifts and other heavy equipment required
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of shipping and receiving
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to stand throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs ,climb, bend, and stoop to inspect containers.
- Excellent organizational skills
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)