As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Northwest Container, a Waste Connections Company, is currently looking for a full time lift operator to work out in our Rail Yard in Portland, OR.
The shift will be M-F, 7 AM – 3:30 PM
- Perform repairs and required scheduled maintenance on all leased/owned chassis to meet FHWA/FMCSA standards.
- Typical repairs include; annual inspection, preventative maintenance, electrical systems, tire repair, airlines, ABS brake systems, suspension systems, welding, painting, frame work and fabricating.
- Responds to service calls
- Research locate parts for individual jobs
- Documents work performed on equipment
- Estimate repairs needed on equipment.
- Minor and major repairs on steel dry and insulated cargo containers
- Perform fabrications as needed on container chassis as well as containers
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a good attendance history
- 1 + years of verifiable mechanic experience in ANY industry
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Be self-motivated
- Welding experience a plus
- Fabrication experience a plus
- Willing to learn
- Ability to lift in excess of 50lbs
- Must have own hand tools
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com .
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)