Landfill Operations SupervisorPolkton, North Carolina
We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor for our landfill located in Polkton, NC.
In this position you will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and ensuring the safety of our equipment operators. You will also be trained and mentored in the waste business to prepare you for future management opportunities in our growing company.
- Oversees personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Schedules employees and equipment to facilitate daily landfill operations and various tasks.
- Operates varies pieces of heavy equipment when needed.
- Assists in monitoring budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and environmental compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to verify that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with State and local agencies to be efficient and effective operational and environmental compliance.
- Receives and reviews customer complaints.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the landfill.
Qualified applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in landfill operations, heavy construction and/or environmental field services, preferred
- Experience working outdoors in all-weather types
- 3+ years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent Family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to
"Connect with Your Future"
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)