Primary LocationPlacerville, California
El Dorado Disposal, a Waste Connections company, is looking to hire a full time Dispatcher at our location in Placerville, CA!
The schedule will be Monday - Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm. Starting pay will be $19.50 per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Analyzing and resolving customer inquiries for missed pick-ups, misplaced containers and property damage.
- Assisting driver(s) when a pick up or delivery is in question before servicing.
- Scheduling and dispatching work to various employees and departments throughout the day.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers daily.
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment.
- Multitasking large amounts of data entry, while maintaining high volume radio traffic and internal employee interaction.
- Quickly and confidentially make decisions, often without managerial approval.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 years of Dispatcher experience in a transportation or logistics atmosphere preferred.
- Strong typing skills
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Etc)
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both orally and written.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)