As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Primary LocationPlacerville, California
El Dorado Disposal, a Waste Connections company, is looking to hire a Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our team in Placerville, CA. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus! Hours will be Monday-Friday 1:30pm to 10:00pm. Overtime as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and perform repairs on Diesel Fleet.
- Ability to diagnose and repair all components; electrical, hydraulic, engines, transmissions, brakes.
- Follow safety procedures as set out by Waste Connections Inc.
- Use lock-out tag out procedure if need be.
- Fill out work order daily to keep track of hours and work performed.
- Upon completion of assignments must provide signatures on all inspection reports.
- Make parts list and order parts as needed using a P.O. system.
- Ability to Fabricate and weld, using gas or arc as needed.
- Report all problems to supervisor, Keep track daily by using a notebook for each machine Perform pm services as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, uniform, and hearing protection (PPE).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2-3 years related experience working on Diesel Repair.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence accurately.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of organization.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- ASE Certification a plus
- Must have own set of basic tools as is standard for mechanics.
- Valid Driver License and clean driving record.
- Willing and able to work weekends as needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; push and pull tool box weighing up to 100 lb.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of radiation, and vibration.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions.
- Works indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hard working surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)