As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
This position has a 3:30PM start time, 8-10 hour shift, with occasional overtime. Great pay, benefits and lots of room for growth!
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preferably 1+ year experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair or completion of a diesel tech program or good attitude, willingness to learn, and strong work ethic is a preferred quality.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”. For more information please visit www.wasteconnections.com or call Serina Garcia at 737-268-8239.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)