Operations SupervisorParksville, Canada
Job TitleOperations Supervisor
Primary LocationParksville, British Columbia
Waste Connections of Canada is looking for a full-time Operations Supervisor. We are looking for a SAFETY inclined, energetic, autonomous and proactive Servant Leader capable of making and creating change through our core values.
Our Campbell River location has an immediate opening for an Operations Supervisor to lead its team of Residential Drivers. The OperationsSupervisorwill have about 3 Drivers under their supervision and will oversee around 3 routes in the in both Commercial and Residential roles. We are looking for the individual who is a true reflection of our culture and embodies our values in leading their team and driving results. Your success in this role is dependent on your work ethic, your communication skills, and your leadership ability to create long-lasting relationships to help grow our customer base. The key to Waste Connections of Canadas’ continued growth and success is sourcing, developing, and promoting its people.
Previous experience managing a group of Drivers and sales experience is required.
OperationsSupervisor is responsible for managing all the frontline employees. The OperationsSupervisor ensures that operations are running safely by performing driver observations and monthly safety meetings. This role is a leadership position of our Collections business unit. The key responsibilities will be to ensure that safety, compliance, customer service, efficiency, and productivity targets are met consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all employees and site operations are handled in a Safe manner and provide support to those employees that report to this individual.
- This position will have the responsibility of working with the Sales Manager to gain customers throughout the Comox Valley.
- Build relationships within the community to expand our current Book of Business.
- Expected to reach sales targets with quality customers
- Coordinate daily with management to ensure all key metrics are being met
- Ensures that Drivers completing daily safety and maintenance checks on VCR’s
- Coordinates with Dispatcher to ensure Bin deliveries, exchanges, repairs and waste collections are completed in a timely manner.
- Plans and monitors employee schedules and route scheduling including regular communication throughout the day until all routes are completed.
- Performance Management of employees through the progressive discipline process.
- Conducts accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with the root cause and preventative measures. Maintaining adherence to company safety policies and DOT regulations.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
- Works closely with affected Customers to ensure service issues or missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Be available to work late or on weekends occasionally as required
- 3 or more years of managing in a people-driven environment
- Knowledge of OSHA, CVSE, DOT, and MOE guidelines
- Knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Exchange.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks.
- Class 3 license
- Sales experience would be considered an asset.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining an industry that is recession resistant and serving in a team environment where colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, RRSP plans and RRSP matching. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that leads by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnectionscanada.com
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.