Operations SupervisorOttawa, Canada
Waste Connections of Canada is looking for a SAFETY inclined, energetic, autonomous, and proactive Operations Supervisor. They will be leading our team of amazing garbage truck drivers at the Ottawa, ON district. As a Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing all Drivers on a daily basis. You will ensure that operations are running safely, by performing Driver observations and monthly safety meetings. This role is a leadership position of our Collections business unit. The key responsibilities will be to ensure that safety, compliance, customer service, growth, sales and financial targets are met on a consistent basis. Your demonstration of leadership skills, along with your personal and ethical behavior is of paramount importance in this position.
SIGN-ON BONUS: $2000
$500 - Initial hire
$500 - after probation
$1000 - after 1 year
- Oversee day-to-day operations of multiple routes.
- Reviews daily route sheets for P&L statistical information.
- Performs operational audits of collections routes and observation routes.
- Ensure that Drivers required to operate company vehicles or equipment are completing daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Coordinates with Dispatcher to ensure deliveries, exchanges and repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Plans, monitors employee schedules, and route scheduling including regular communication throughout the day until all routes are completed.
- Performs Interviewing, selection and training of potential new hires.
- Performance Management of employees through the progressive discipline process.
- Conducts incident investigations including scene management, first incident report and final analysis with root cause and preventative measures.
- Maintains Environmental Health and Safety programs including training, meetings and required reporting of relevant EH&S issues.
- Maintaining adherence to company safety policies and DOT regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior lead person or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid DZ driver’s license or higher grade, and pass all DOT regulations.
- Experience operating various refuse collection equipment is an asset.
- Data entry and analysis is necessary.
- Must be Safety first minded.
- Individual should demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, RRSP plans. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.