Assistant ControllerMaidstone, Canada
Are you looking to join a growing team that is full of opportunity and career growth? How about a team that celebrates wins, supports you directly in achieving your goals, offers flexibility, and pushes you to the next level?
As an Assistant Controller at Waste Connections of Canada, you will be involved with every piece of the accounting cycle. You will support the District Controller in daily accounting tasks in addition to monthly forecasting, the annual budget, and special projects. You will interact with employees from all aspects of the business including Operations, Sales, Dispatch, and Customer Service. Your success within the role is reliant on an ambitious work ethic, excellent communication and the ability to problem-solve. The key to Waste Connections’ continued growth and success is sourcing, developing, and promoting individuals who meet these expectations. We have an opening for an Assistant Controller at our Windsor District.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts
- Completion of monthly financial projection analysis
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process
- Prepare all capital purchase requests for the district, including preparation of all support documents
- Implement and maintain required internal controls
- Implement and maintain regular reporting processes to support operations
- Coordinating and performing Inventory counts – Rolling Stock, Container, and Truck Shop inventory
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Enrolment in or plans to enroll in CPA program
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience in a similar role
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to learn and a great work ethic
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture.
Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, RRSP plans.
You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.