Residential Route Driver
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Residential Route Driver
Papillion Sanitation, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscience Route Driver to join the team in Omaha, Nebraska.
Pay range: $18 per hour Non CDL Driver | $22 per hour CDL Driver
Compensation:average driver makes $80,000 - $82,000 annually
Schedule: Monday - Friday 5:00am - Route complete | working 50-55 hours per week, everything over 40 hours is paid time and half
The ideal driver will have a self-motivated, go-getting attitude, that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company!
Click here to view A Day in the Life of a Waste Connections Driver - YouTube
Why work for Waste Connections?
- Competitive Compensation
- Safety Bonuses – Get rewarded for your safe habits
- Yearly Boot Stipend – Get your boots covered
- Benefits Plans – Keep yourself healthy
- Matching 401(K) – Connect to your future
What we do: We provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating a Commercial CDL Truck delivering dumpster containers to customers, while providing the best service in the industry. This includes duties such:
- Safely driving a Commercial CDL Truck into a variety of environments (Residential, Construction, Commercial, etc.).
- Determine the best, convenient drop off location for dumpster, to avoid property damage.
- Cautiously operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load Dumpster on/off truck.
- Secure the Dumpster Load, cover appropriately and account for weight shift before departing
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Interact courteously with your customers
- Other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What we work with: Trash is heavy! Sometimes we have machines aid our efforts. Other times we do not. And this is a service provided year round – Rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Not to mention dirty ones. Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work with consistent walking; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75 pounds. Exiting/exiting high set truck. Walking. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
At the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling customer!
Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a satisfactory driving record.
- Physically comfortable with demands of the job
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.