Equipment OperatorOmaha, Nebraska
Job TitleEquipment Operator
Primary LocationOmaha, Nebraska
Green Acres Transfer Station currently has an opening for a candidate as a Equipment Operator located in Omaha, NE
***$2,500 STAY ON BONUS***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, operates tipper. May also include forklifts and front skid steer loaders. Will also have other duties including picking up garbage, cleaning machines, and directing traffic.
- Operates equipment for general site and other related assignments.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- •Checking trucks in and out of the landfill and directing traffic at site as necessary.
•Manual labor including paper picking, keeping landfill clean and presentable.
•Perform yard work including cutting weeds.
•Install temporary wind fences as required.
•Perform general office maintenance and repairs including painting and janitorial work.
•Working outside in all weather conditions.
•Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Shagging trailers on site
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Class B CDL preferred
- Willing to load and unload trucks, semi-trailers and export containers.
- Understanding of computers and Windows based software is a plus!
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 to 75 + pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, skid steer and forklift safety.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
- We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)