Cart Delivery Driver
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Cart Delivery Driver
Waste Connections is looking for a safety conscience Container Delivery Driver to join our GROWING team in Omaha, Nebraska.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
What we do:
We provide trash and recycle services along with Portable Toilet solutions to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating our Container Delivery Truck to provide the carts and containers in neighborhoods.
This includes duties such:
- Operate delivery truck into neighborhoods, sites and special events in a safe manner.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Perform a physically demanding job, lifting, pulling, bending and moving 50 pounds or more.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and containers of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What we work with:
We work with people’s personal refuse. This is a service provided year round – Rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all environments, around louder pumping equipment, in not-so ideal environments or conditions. Not to mention dirty and unpleasant ones.
Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires constant exit and entry from vehicle, scrubbing containers, operating hydraulics, lifting, pushing, pulling, all solo. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Awareness of surrounding hazards and changing situations (Construction sites, parking lots, areas of large crowds).
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent hot, wet and/or rainy conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
At the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling customer!
Minimum Job Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean MVR
- Comfortable with physical labor
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
- Availability to work Monday – Friday, occasional Saturdays starting at around 5:30 am. Approx. 45-55 hours a week.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)