Corporate RecruiterOklahoma City, Oklahoma
Waste Connections, is searching for an experienced Corporate Recruiter to join our our Divisional team at Waste Connections of OK in Oklahoma City, OK
Who are we?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 45 states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Waste Connections is a 4 billion dollar company that is continuing to grow year in and year out. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
A Day In The Life Of A Waste Connections Regional Recruiter:
- Build relationships with region and district management to assess staffing needs and provide effective solutions.
- Deliver all areas of the recruitment process including sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, assessment, extending offers and monitoring new hire processes.
- Prepare job descriptions and appropriate interview questions to be used by self and others involved in the recruitment process.
- Conduct thorough behaviorally based interviews with candidates and coach hiring managers on behavioral interviewing and other selection methods.
- Develop and maintain relationships with recruiting sources including candidates, employees, other recruiters, trade school and college officials, business associations, state job agencies etc. to foster an ongoing pipeline of highly competent and qualified candidates.
- Develop creative recruiting methods or minimize the use of contingency and retained searches.
- Where necessary, manage and coordinate recruitment efforts with vendors and negotiate contacts and fee arrangements.
- Make recommendations to Corporate Human Resources and Regional and District Managers on solutions to specific recruiting and retention challenges as needed.
- Ensure that recruiting and hiring processes comply with Federal and State employment laws and Company policies. Coach and educate internal clients on the importance of following pre-employment and new hire procedures.
- Manage the tracking and documentation of all open positions, candidate applications and requisite metrics of recruiting success.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
- Performing other job related duties as necessary.
What You Have To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years recruiting experience recruiting in a professional environment, using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Experience with high volume requisition loads
- Ability to travel to assist with career fairs, on site interviews or other hiring events.
What Would Be Great To Have:
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience recruiting in the skilled trade industry and / or the transportation industry is a huge plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and contact with internal customers and candidates in a calm and professional manner.
What’s In It For You:
You will be joining a great team and a company in a “work hard, play hard” environment along with a competitive salary, plus a bonus and stock opportunity. Relocation may be available for the right candidate.
We also offer excellent family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Total compensation is $60,000 to $70,000 per year.
For more information and to apply, please visitwww.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)