Container PainterNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Waste Connections is looking for a safety conscious Container Painter/ Yard Laborer to join the team in North Charleston, SC.
Washes, repairs and/or performs limited painting duties in an effort to clean, cover and/or protect interior or exterior surfaces of containers. Performs minor repairs, such as axle repair/replacement, on assigned containers. Responsible for the movement of containers within the yard, the loading and unloading of new and used containers, and monitoring the container inventory.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding minor painting and/or completing minor repairs on assigned containers.
- Performs minor container repairs, such as axle repair/replacement.
- Washes container interior or exteriors as needed.
- Moves containers in the yard.
- Loads and unloads both new and used containers from trucks.
- Performs general duties and responsibilities on yard as required.
- Required: High school diploma or G.E.D, and zero to four years previous experience.
- Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D, plus additional or specialized training, and zero to four years previous experience.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. repeatedly
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Normal setting for this job is: container shop/outdoors.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in a drug free environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)