Operations SupervisorNorth Charleston, South Carolina
We have an immediate opening for an Operations Supervisor at our Carolina Waste location in Charleston, SC. In this position you will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and ensuring the safety of our garbage truck drivers. You will also be trained and mentored in the waste business to prepare you for future management opportunities in our growing company.
- Assigns and supervises work crews operating solid waste collection equipment
- Monitors progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes route changes as necessary
- Conducts safety meetings and audits
- Maintains employee files
- Responsible for Dispatch Department
- Issues progressive disciplinary action as necessary
- Conducts field inspections of route crews to ensure proper work procedures
- Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collection programs
- Performs quarterly reviews of all drivers
- Others duties as assigned
Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements, at a minimum:
- Experience working in the waste management industrypreferred
- Commercial CDL, B or higher; or the ability to obtain one in the near future. (Clean MVR a Plus)
- Knowledge and strong computer systems and application skills
- Experience dealing with management of refuse collection routes
- 4 year degree preferred
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Be willing and able to relocate for future promotional opportunities.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to grow.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)