Lead Diesel Mechanic
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
Lead Diesel Mechanic
Bay Disposal has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Lead Diesel Mechanic to work at our hauling site in Norfolk, VA.
As a key member of our automotive maintenance technicians team, your work as a Diesel Mechanic will focus on the overall maintenance of equipment used by our company in the transportation and handling of vehicles. This will involve, inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Initiating or assigning repairs by utilizing vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes
- Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviewing, completing, or assigning repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Performing service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards
- Valid Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement; or ability to obtain in the future
- Minimum 2 year of proven experience in the field
- 1+ year in a leadership role
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to work an average of 45 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work 2nd shift Monday-Friday (2pm-10pm) and rotating Saturdays
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Strenuous physical work, to include heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain and supply own personal tools needed to perform essential duties
- Welding/fabrication experience, a major plus
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)