Trilingual Customer Service RepresentativeNew York, New York
Waste Connections is looking for a High Energy(Mandarin/Cantonese/English) Customer Service Representative to join the team at either our Bronx, NY or Brooklyn, NY offices with a HYBRID work from home/office schedule.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) fields calls from Customers and works to resolve problems they raise concerning service or billing. A successful CSR must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of customer issues. Customer Service Representatives must show empathy or sensitivity to the customer regarding the issue at hand.
- Works in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes.
- Effectively communicates issues, needs and opportunities with customer service employees and other managers & solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders.
- Take payments, bank deposits, key word orders, keys production paperwork and general office duties
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and effective use of software applications. These systems should include as a minimum, MS Word and Excel.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements, resolve problems or complaints, and seeks cost-effective, safe environmentally sound solutions to service issues.
- Fluency in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and/or Taiwanese.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience in a high call volume atmosphere preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail, proficient in 10 key, keyboarding and typing skills a must
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)