Heavy Equipment MechanicNew Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We are currently hiring a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our team at the BRADS Landfill in New Philadelphia, PA. In this position you will primarily be working on our Heavy Equipment and a variety of equipment. Heavy Equipment Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
- Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of powertrain, electrical and hydraulic systems on heavy equipment, such as dozers, compactors, excavators, ADT’s, etc.
- Perform power washing on heavy equipment during routine preventative maintenance.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing equipment maintenance software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews and completes repairs identified on Daily Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns that may take place in the landfill.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday and typically every other Saturday, or as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment in the field.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)