Tractor Trailer Driver
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Tractor Trailer Driver
We are looking for a safety conscience Tractor Trailer Driver to join the team at our location in Waxahachie, TX. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!.
- Performs complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck along residential and commercial rearload routes and to disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to cycle compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers, and supervisors.
- Reads and maintains, in sequential order, tablet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day Follows all safety policies and procedures as well as attend weekly safety meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED certification
- Valid Class A with air brakes endorsement
- Must meet Waste Connections Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
- Must be able to read and fill out necessary paperwork completely.
- Communicate clearly to customers, dispatcher, and supervisors.
- Work independently while driving refuse truck on route
- Routes must be completed daily in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions
- Work hours will vary by route.
- Truck may or may not have air conditioning
- Constant exposure to unpleasant sights and smells
Apply today and Connect with Your Future at www.wasteconnections.com!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)