As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
WASTE CONNECTIONS (NYSE:WCN) – We are a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 41 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. With our 16,000+ employees we are the third largest provider of solid waste services in North America. We are also the leading provider of exploration and production ("E&P") waste disposal services in the U.S. and a provider of inter-modal services in the Northwest.
Click here to view a “Day in the Life” of our Drivers: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/driver
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a safety conscienceDriver to join the team at our Hauling location in Meridian, ID. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Moves waste bin to position accessible by truck and closes all enclosure gates, as necessary.
- Operates hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each landfill or transfer station run.
- Courteous interaction with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
- Reads route sheets to determine day’s schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-and post-trip inspections
- Possess a clean safety and driving record
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)