Heavy Equipment OperatorMaryland Heights, Missouri
Job TitleHeavy Equipment Operator
Primary LocationMaryland Heights, Missouri
Waste Connections is STILL HIRING! Join us, a Community Essential Service
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
~Waste Connections, Inc hires safety driven people!~
Champ Landfill located in Maryland Heights, MO has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator!
The successful candidate should have experience operating; scrapers, bull-dozers, moto-graders, and front end loaders. Experience operating trash compactors would be considered a plus
Operators must be capable of performing pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on equipment and ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
Operators must also be capable of operating in a fast paced environment and during all types of weather conditions. Shifts can start as early as 5:30am and may last 12 hours or more.
All landfill employees are expected to promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices and perform miscellaneous job functions to promote the overall success of the site.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate heavy equipment including front end loaders, dozers, moto-graders, scrapers and excavators.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water level
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORTS
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)