Territory ManagerMarengo, Illinois
Job TitleTerritory Manager
Primary LocationMarengo, Illinois
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Do You Have What It Takes To Be a Sales Representative for GROOT Industries in McCook, IL?
Are you a successful outside sales representative with a proven record of gaining new business accounts? Can you grow your book of business if given a territory? Do you enjoy business to business sales? If you answered yes, come join our experienced team in McCook, IL!
Who are we? Waste Connections (NYSE: WCN) is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Groot Industries is a locally managed waste collections, landfill, and recycling company. Our Sales Rep position is a high volume B2B selling, customer maintenance, and customer retention opportunity. It requires balancing current customer needs and retention, along with gaining new customers through active prospecting and networking. This is not a telemarketing position and we do not believe solutions are “one size fits all”. Business and relationships are built by face-to-face contact. There are daily requirements for prospecting, customer follow-up, reporting, and interacting with the operations and customer service team.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com or call our recruiter Karyn directly, 865.312.9528.
- Selling commercial waste removal and disposal services in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
- Preparing proposals, calling on new and existing customers, and utilizing /owning our Salesforce driven CRM tool, ARES.
- Plans for and executes cold calls to influence potential commercial customers into setting appointments with the purpose of presenting and selling services.
- 60-70% of your time is spent in your designated territory, prospecting, and exploring market opportunities. The balance of time will be spent doing team building, strategic planning, and account management with internal team.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business for both commercial and industrial accounts.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns, and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service.
- Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in support of Company pricing initiatives.
- Performs contractual re-signs by effectively building long term customer relationships and responsible for increasing customer profitability where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing customers.
- Conduct waste stream analysis to include estimation of volumes and recognition of waste streams requiring special handling or which can be recycled or diverted.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events, and other similar activities.
- A competitive base salary plus commission!
- Participation in Waste Connections new “Win-Win Equity Program”. This is a quarterly incentive which is designed to provide a vehicle for you to earn equity ownership of the company – your efforts will be rewarded with more than just commission!
- Annual Chairman’s Club recognition for top national performers! (Fantastic trip to island paradise)
- Guaranteed commission for the 1st three months with completion of on-boarding!
- Excellent opportunities to advance within this growing company!
- Company paid Cell Phone and Microsoft Surface Pro!
- Mileage reimbursement!
- 2+ years outside sales/B2B experience preferred
- Solid Waste industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Reliable transportation required
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).